Vemox 500 (active substance Amoxicillin)?is a broad-spectrum antibiotic from the group of semi-synthetic penicillins, which has a wide spectrum of action. The effect of amoxicillin occurs very quickly. Like other penicillin antibiotics, it inhibits cell wall synthesis.
Amoxicillin, indications for use
Bacterial infections caused by pathogens that are sensitive to Amoxicillin:
- acute and chronic respiratory tract infections (tonsillitis, acute otitis media, pharyngitis, sinusitis; acute and chronic bronchitis, bronchopneumonia, lung abscess);
- acute and chronic infections of the gastrointestinal tract, biliary tract (peritonitis, cholecystitis, intestinal infections);
- acute and chronic infections of the urinary system (pyelonephritis, urethritis, gonorrhea);
- purulent infections of soft tissues;
Side effects of Vemox 500
- Allergic reactions: urticaria, erythema, angioedema, rhinitis, conjunctivitis; rarely fever, joint pain, eosinophilia; in rare cases ? anaphylactic shock.
- Effects associated with chemotherapeutic action: possible development of superinfection (especially in patients with chronic diseases or reduced resistance of the organism).
- With prolonged use in high doses: dizziness, ataxia, confusion, depression, peripheral neuropathy, convulsions.
- Mainly when used in combination with metronidazole: nausea, vomiting, anorexia, diarrhea, constipation, epigastric pain, glossitis, stomatitis; rarely, hepatitis, pseudomembranous colitis, allergic reactions (urticaria, angioedema), interstitial nephritis, disorders of hemopoiesis.
- Mainly when used in combination with clavulanic acid: cholestatic jaundice, hepatitis; rarely, erythema multiforme, toxic epidermal necrolysis, exfoliative dermatitis.
Dosage and administration of Vemox 500
Adults?appoint 500 mg 3 times / day. In severe course of the disease ? 1 g 3 times / day.
Children at the age of 5-10 years?are prescribed 250 mg 3 times / day, children 2-5 years old ? 125 mg 3 times / day, children under 2 years of age ? at the rate of 20 mg / kg body weight (divided into 3 doses). The course of treatment is 5-12 days. The interval between doses of 8 hours
For the treatment of acute uncomplicated gonorrhea, 3 g is prescribed once (in combination with 1 g of probenecid).
Women are recommended to repeat the indicated dose in a day.
Infectious mononucleosis, lymphocytic leukemia, severe gastrointestinal infections with diarrhea or vomiting, respiratory viral infections, allergic diathesis, bronchial asthma, hay fever, hypersensitivity to penicillins and / or cephalosporins.
For use in combination with metronidazole: diseases of the nervous system; blood disorders, lymphocytic leukemia, infectious mononucleosis; Hypersensitivity to nitroimidazole derivatives.
For use in combination with clavulanic acid: indications of a history of abnormal liver function and jaundice associated with taking amoxicillin in combination with clavulanic acid.
There are no reviews yet.